Why use a personal trainer?
14 March 2013
Have you ever used a personal trainer, or given any thought to how one may be of benefit to you? If you were asked to provide a definition of ‘personal trainer’ what would it be?
- ‘someone who makes you exercise’.
- ‘someone who tells you how to do exercises’.
- ‘a mean person who shouts orders at you’ .
Would your definition include any of the following …. someone who can:
- Provide you with regular Fitness Profiles which give accurate assessments of your physical condition, weight, measurements, body fat percentage, required and actual caloric intake.
- Provide you with an individual training plan and give you advice on how to make the most of your training sessions.
- Help you lose weight and improve your overall fitness.
- Help you reach a health or fitness goal.
- Teach you good technique.
- Give you variety in your training programme.
- Provide exercise management for medical referrals, such as cardiovascular disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Help you improve your lifestyle, reduce stress levels and become more active.
- Give you health and nutrition advice.
- Give you motivation when the going gets tough.
I bet you are now wondering how you’ve managed without one!